Hello! Happy October! This month we are all featuring Thanksgiving project’s to share with you. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I host our annual family Thanksgiving get-together and we have some fun traditions plus yummy food. Is there anything better than roasted turkey and homemade stuffing? Yummy! I decided to feature the Christmas Advent Countdown Kit, but wanted to show you that you can decorate the reverse side if you want to get double duty out of your Advent kit. So once November is over, I can just turn the boxes around and I’m all set to countdown to Christmas!
This countdown kit is actually going to contain Random Acts of Kindnesses that I am going to complete. I’m planning to share this idea with my friends, family, customers and Girl Scout Troop too. Isn’t November a perfect month to perform some RAK?? I’ve typed them up on the computer and cut them into little pieces to put in each drawer. (Scroll to the end of this post for my list of 25 that I put in my countdown to Thanksgiving box).
Here are a few close-up so you can see in more detail how I decorated the each box.
- Come to Gather Designer Series Paper was cut to 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ and cut a small slice out of top with the 1″ circle punch. (I selected 7 pieces of the DSP that did not have the orange color tones). Spread them out on a table and arrange until you get the paper pattern you like.
- Adhere each piece of DSP to the box front with snail.
- Stamped greetings in Pretty Peacock ink on whisper white cardstock and fussy cut or punch out and adhere to boxes. I wanted to space out the greetings, so I applied them first, then decorated the fronts of the other boxes.
- Decorate each box with embossed leaves, leaf embellishments, punched mini leaves and the feathers from the Tags & Feathers Elements.
- Type the numbers on the computer, I used a free font download called “Hello Buckaroo” and I color matched the font text color to pretty peacock. Then I printed the numbers on Whisper White cardstock and punched out with a retired 3/4″ circle punch.
25 Random Acts of Kindness for November:
- Smile at someone JUST BECAUSE. Smiles are contagious! You have the power to brighten someone’s day, by simply smiling.
- Buy the person behind you in line coffee.
- Donate toys or books to a local charity.
- Tape some money on a vending machine with a RAK note.
- Bake cookies for your coworkers.
- Donate to a food bank.
- Send a card in the mail just because!
- Donate old blankets and towels to an animal shelter.
- Paint “kindness rocks” and hide them for others to find!
- Send a care package to deployed soldiers.
- Pay for someone’s meal at a restaurant.
- Let someone go in front of you in line.
- Put coins in an expired parking meter.
- Leave a generous tip at a restaurant.
- Send flowers to someone.
- Help a military family with someone deployed with a meal, babysitting or errands.
- Carry a stranger’s grocery bags.
- Leave a treat in the mailbox for your mail carrier.
- Donate to your favorite charity.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Bake treats and deliver them to your local police station. Thank them for their service!
- Pick up litter at the park.
- Leave positive messages in multiple locations (restrooms, restaurants, and on social media).
- Call a relative just to say hello!
Feel free to copy/print this little note when you perform your Random Act of Kindness (then people will know it was intentional- and perhaps it will brighten someone’s day to know that they were the recipient).
- Click here to hop along to my friends:
- Rubber Room Ramblings – Christine Kolly
- Stampin’ Created By U-Lisa Bauer
- Stamping with Tamie – Tamie Ackerson
- Basement Bunch Stampers – Kim Vogel
- Orange Peony Papercrafts – Cheryl Grigg
- Lynnzcrafters – Lynn Streifert
- Dawn’s Creative Chalet – Dawn Bourgette
- The Lady and Her Stamps – Raquelle Bath
- The Creativity Barn – Laura Anderson
- The Craft Sergeant – Tara Stay
Now here’s a supply list of all the supplies I used:
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! Don’t forget to click the links to visit my other Stamping Friends in the Blog Hop!
If you are thinking of ordering anything this month please use Host Code: JBKCKKDC
Independent Demonstrator, Stampin’ Up!
Shop my Online Store 24/7 on my website: http://LynnStreifert.stampinup.net
Monthly Bingo nights, Monthly Stamping Clubs, Monthly Team Get-Togethers, and opportunities for Workshops and Classes offered in your home or mine! (think of paint and sip, or board and brush, I can offer the same kind of party for you and your friends!) Think of me for Birthday Parties, Kid Crafts, baby and bridal showers, weddings, and special anniversaries or parties where you need customized invitations or decorations!