Hello crafty friends, and welcome to the next blog hop of the Creative Circle Design Team. I am still so thrilled to be a part of this talented group. This month we are showcasing the Sara D. purse that Liz Holloway designed and created for us to use with our Silhouette cameo machines, which is absolutely amazing! I can’t believe the time and effort she put into creating this design, and she created a You Tube video for us to follow to be about to put it together properly. (When you hop over to her page you will learn why it’s called the Sara D. purse). When I was trying to figure out what color schemes to use, and learning how to use my new e-machine, I decided to use the Affectionately Yours Suite of products by Stampin’ Up! (found on pages 44-45 of the new 2016-17 Annual Catalog… all products used are listed below).
How adorable is this purse?? It is very roomy inside, which would make this an awesome gift bag (make-up, jewelry, gift cards, and of course Stampin’ Up! supplies will fit very nicely inside!)
Here you can see that I fit the stamp set I used and all six note cards with envelopes inside the Sara D. purse, with room to spare!
My first step was to cut out all the pieces (Liz sent us 5 silhouette files that I imported into my library) with the designer paper and card stock I decided to use for this project.
Assembly was a breeze with our Tombow mono-adhesive glue (“green glue”) and our awesome Tear-n-Tape!
Liz recommended using our grid paper as a guide- it is very important to assemble the purse correctly so it is symmetrical and even on all sides.
Side view of the Sara D. purse, with just the note cards inside.
Close up of one of the six coordinating note cards I made using the Love & Affection stamp set and Floral Affection Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.
All six note cards- each one is slightly different. I made three with our whisper white note cards and three with our crumb cake note cards.
Here is a close up of how I was able to get three colors on this small flower image- I stamped the whole image in daffodil delight ink pad, then with a q-tip, I removed the yellow ink where I then used the Stampin’ write markers to “color” the watermelon wonder and cucumber crush ink onto the image, then with a “huff” of my breath (to moisten the marker ink- which dries quickly), then stamped my image. Love this color combo!
Here is my new Silhouette cameo machine- I had to rearrange my office area a bit, and moved my computer tower so everything would work correctly. There were lots of great You Tubes videos to help me get started. The Sara D. purse was my very first project with my new machine. What do you think? I’d love to hear from you, please leave me a comment. thanks!
So excited to reveal that Stampin’ Up! has a super summer special for all of us! YIPPEE!! Here’s the details:
While hosts and new demonstrators got to party it up in June with their Extra Stampin’ Rewards and Starter Kits with free stamps, we’ve been preparing a special deal so shoppers could have their own reason to party: Bonus Days! For every $50 USD/$60 CAD you spend* between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 USD/$6 CAD Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016. This is a great opportunity for you to get items from your wish list, whether you buy them now or with your coupons in August, so spread the word. This is the first time we have offered this type of promotion, and it’s a deal everyone will want in on!
*Participants will receive a Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 USD/$60 CAD they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax).
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered to participants via email.
- We strongly recommend that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place—the codes cannot be resent if the participant loses the email, and Demonstrator Support cannot recover lost codes.
- Participants will receive a $5 USD/$6 CAD Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 USD/$60 CAD they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
You can click any of the images below, and it will take you directly to my online store- what better way to start collecting BONUS BUCKS?!
Thank you so much for stopping by today, and don’t forget to click the image to hop to the next crafty blog by the awesome Sandy Mott!
Here is the whole line up:
- Sandy http://thescrapnstampshop.blogspot.com/2016/07/creative-circle-design-team-sara-d.html
- Liz http://lizhollowaydesign.blogspot.com/2016/07/ccdt-blog-hop-sara-d-signature-purse.html
- Lynn << YOU ARE HERE!
Here are the supplies I used for these projects:
If you are thinking of ordering anything this month, please use Hostess Code: H7MFRJPW
Independent Demonstrator, Stampin’ Up!
Shop my Online Store 24/7 on my website: http://LynnStreifert.stampinup.net
If on Facebook please like my page “Lynnzcrafters”
Subscribe to our monthly Paper Pumpkin Program at https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=2043263